This quarantine has made all of us trade our jeans and dresses with comfortable slippers and sweatpants. We do not know how long is this gonna go on for, but a closet with a reliable foundation of cloths will help you keep up with this new work-from-home situation too. This is why the concept of the closet staple is so enduring: A closet built on a streamlined selection of items makes day-to-day dressing infinitely easier. In this article, we are gonna suggest 10 closet staples that one should have.
If you not clear about what to include in the ‘essentials’ section of your closet, the article below should serve as an excellent primer. So let us quickly look at the list.
The 10 Must-Have Closet Staples
1. The Easy-To-Go Jeans – Basic Clothing
We might be living in sweatpants these days but a pair of these easy-to-go jeans is a must-have because denim never goes out of style. The new classic is the easy jeans- high-waisted straight leg which can easily be styled with a pair of sneakers or pumps.
2. Plain White Tees – Basics Clothing
One can never have enough of a well-fitting, crisp, white t-shirt. You can layer it with a blazer or maybe a shirt and can wear it on its own. It’s an inexpensive and versatile piece that can be used year-round and is essential in your closet staple.
3. Dress Shirt
First of all, what is actually a dress shirt? It’s a button-down shirt with a collar which usually has long sleeves with cuffs. A well-tailored dress shirt is a must-have both office and casual look. You can pair them with jeans if you’re going casual and can pair them with pencil skirts as well for a more professional look.
4. A Little Black Dress
Every woman must have a little black dress or LBD as it is the most go-to outfit. Here’s how you can use it:
- Wear it on its own with some good pair of heels for a party look
- Layer a blouse on top of it for a more professional look
- Pair it with sneakers or sandals for a casual look
- Get an edgier look by slipping on some leather boots or suede boots
- Wear a shirt or turtleneck under it to get a preppier style.
A knee-length with a high neckline in your wardrobe can do wonders and can easily go from day to night.
5. Knee-Length Skirt
If you are not that much into skirts and only want a few of them in your wardrobe, a knee-length skirt is a must-have. A knee-length skirt is an all in one- it gives you a casual, work-appropriate, and a formal look. Here are a few ways to pair a knee-length skirt:
- For a casual look pair it with sneakers and a t-shirt
- For an office look pair it with a shirt, blazer, and pumps
- For a professional look top it off with a blouse and heels.
6. Black Slacks – Office Wardrobe Clothes
What a great alternative to jeans? Black slacks. They allow you to look more dressed up and to blend in well in professional and formal settings. Although If you’re not a fan of black trousers, black leggings are a great alternative too.
7. Bathrobe – Easy Wardrobe Clothes
A bathrobe helps you keep dry and warm after you take a bath but it also serves other purposes throughout the day, such as:
- Keeping you warm in the morning while having breakfast.
- Helps Covering you up at the beach or by the pool.
- Easy slip-on while getting ready for special occasions, like weddings.
- Keeping you cozy when feeling under the weather.
A good bathrobe is an essential closet staple. When you invest in a good bathrobe, you’re investing in the rest and relaxation as well.
8. Blazer – Best Wardrobe to look Classy
A blazer is a basic closet staple that works in every season: it adds sophistication to every outfit. You can pair it with jeans, a skirt, or even a dress and It will blend really well with pumps, flats, or sneakers. Make sure the blazer fits you perfectly and in return, it will give you a classic look every time.
9. Flats – Best Wardrobe for Comfort
A pair of sensible flats that you can take you from work to your chores is a must-have. Nowadays there is a vast variety of flats available,i.e, ballet flats, mules, or loafers. Pick any neutral color so that they easily blend into your outfits.
10. White sneakers
White sneakers easily go with everything. You can wear them with a pair of jeans, your LBD, and even with office outfits. White sneakers are subtle, so they won’t clash with too many outfits. Unlike other regular running shoes, white sneakers still have that put-together look that allows for more versatility.