10 DELICIOUS RECIPE IDEAS WITH MUSHROOM
Simple Mushroom Recipes
Mushrooms are considered as nature’s hidden treasure. It was once considered an exotic ingredient but is now known as a new ingredient. What’s so good about them? They are one of the few natural sources of Vitamin D. Also, they contain no fat and are a valuable source of fiber. With our 10 best mushroom recipes, we have something for you all. From aromatic curries to fried mushrooms, desi spices will leave you thrilled.
1.POTATO MUSHROOM KEBABS
For the Kebabs:
- ½ kg Potatoes
- 20 Gram Mushrooms
- 30 Gram Paneer
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup green onion chopped
- Chopped coriander
- Green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp Onion seeds (kalonji)
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Red chilies
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 250 Gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp ajwain seeds
For the Mango Sauce:
- 100 Gram Mango pickle
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 boiled potato
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Prepare the Kebabs:
- Boil the potatoes
- Now, mash the potatoes and put it in the rest of the ingredients one by one.
- Cook kebabs of desired shape.
Prepare the batter:
- Add a cup of water in gram flour and mix with red chili powder, salt, cumin and ajwain seeds.
- Now coat the kebabs with the batter and cook it on slow heat until they turn golden brown.
Prepare the Mango Sauce:
- Add some mango pickle, red chili powder, salt, and garlic into warm water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add boiled, mashed potato for thickness.
- Now add lemon juice and mix. Sauce is ready.
2. Pepper Mushrooms With Tomato Chutney
- 250 Gram mushrooms with stem
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Black pepper powder
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 ½ cup tomato puree
- ½ sliced onion
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cloves
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stalks.
- Now, core the cap with the potato scooper for the filling.
3.For filling, heat butter in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Saute for a minute. Add salt and pepper powder.
- Remove from pan
- Cool and add grated cheese and chopped coriander.
- Stuff the mixture in the mushroom caps and bake in oven at 220۬۫c for 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients in a pan and let it simmer till the sauce is thick in consistency and strain.
- Serve hot.
3. Mushroom Palak Kofta
For kofta Filling:
- 1 cup chopped palak
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
For Kofta Balls:
- ½ cup boiled potato
- ½ cup paneer
- 1 tbsp khoya
- ½ tsp cardamom Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Saffron (Kesar)
- 1 tbsp maida
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- ½ cup Oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam Masala
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup khoya
- To prepare a kofta filling, boil palak in a pan filled with 2 cups of water.
2.After boiling, remove the water.
- In another pan add some butter and chopped mushroom.
- Add salt and black pepper powder. Mix it all well and cook it for 1 minute.
Preparing Kofta Balls:
- Put boiled potatoes in a bowl and add paneer to it.
- Add Khoya, cardamom powder, Salt, black pepper powder and saffron.
- Mix well and add some mushroom along with the boiled palak to it.
- Now add maida and coriander. Mix it thoroughly to combine all the ingredients.
- Apply some oil on your palms and make oval shaped Kofta balls.
- Now, deep fry the balls in oil until golden brown.
Preparing the Gravy:
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute onion in it until golden.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste to it and mix it well. Cook and add tomatoes.
- Add a tsp of salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala each. Mix thoroughly.
- Add coriander leaves and tomato puree.
- Let it cool at room temperature and then grind it to make a fine paste.
- Pour out the paste in the same pan and add ½ cup of water.
- Add ¼ cup of Khoya mixed with water and mix it with the gravy thoroughly.
- Add fried koftas to it and cook for a while.
- Take a bowl and serve hot.
Also check: Easy and Cheesy Pizza Recipes
4. Kombu Barthad (Mushroom fry)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 whole red chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 3-4 green chilies, slit in the middle
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 8-10 button mushrooms sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- 3-4 tsp coconut vinegar
- Heat the oil in a pan. Now, break the red chili into half and brown it with some cumin seeds and curry leaves for a few seconds.
- Add the green chilies and onions, saute for a while.
- Add the garlic paste, stir, add mushrooms, and mix well. Add salt and spices.
- Then add the black pepper and vinegar and give it a final stir.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
5. Zucchini mushroom pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
- ½ cup peas
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In an oven over medium-high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat and simmer it uncovered. Until the pasta is cook through and liquid has reduced for about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.
- Serve immediately.
6. Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce
- Chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tbsp basil
- Red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Now, lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Then, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium heat. Then, add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken, skin-side up, in a single layer into the prepared baking dish. Now, place it into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, for about 25-30 minutes.
- To make the mushroom sauce, melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in half and half, basil and crushed red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Now, cook it whisking constantly, until slightly thickened for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately with mushroom sauce, garnished with parsley, if desired.
7. Creamy mushroom garlic sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice mushrooms and mince 4 garlic cloves.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until browned, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the sauce reduced by half and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
8. Buttered mushroom and noodles
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water for boiling. Add the pasta and cook till 7 to 9 minutes or according to package instructions. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cooking water. Now, drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted. Whisk in the miso and also reserved pasta water. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken, 1 to 2 minutes. Now, add the pasta and toss it to coat with the sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and red pepper flakes.
9. Cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat it to 375°F. Place the mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter, sprinkle with the salt, and toss to combine. Spread into a single layer. Roast until mushrooms are tender, beginning to brown. And most of the liquid has evaporated, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted mushrooms and their liquid to a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, broth, sherry, porcini mushrooms, pepper, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on the LOW setting until the soup is fragrant and the dried mushrooms are very tender, 3 to 4 hours.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer the soup in batches to a blender. And then blend to desired consistency. Return to the pot if needed and cook on LOW for up to 2 additional hours. Before serving, stir it in the cream and some lemon juice. Ladle into bowls and garnish with an extra swirl of heavy cream.
10. Garlic butter mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms (about 20), stems trimmed but not removed
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme leaves for garnish
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook undisturbed until the mushrooms are brown from the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms and cook undisturbed until browned on the second side and tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
These are 10 best mushroom recipes you all would crave for. Flavorful combination of creamy, fried, butter mushroom recipes will help you in knowing various ways to make it. Try these simple mushroom recipes and we assure that you will not be disappointed.