10 Sizzling Vegetable Soup You Can Make in 10 Minutes at Home
Vegetable Soup may seem hard to make, but you can whip up any of these recipes in about 10 minutes if you get your ingredients ready and set aside some time on the weekend to do all your chopping and dicing. When you’re done with this list, you’ll be well on your way to figuring out how to make soup at home (without having to do a lot of work). So, let’s get into the recipes for vegetable soup! Here are ten vegetable soups you can make at home in 10 minutes or less.
10 Vegetable Soup You Can Make in 10 minutes at Home
Here is the vegetable soup that you can try at home.
Tomatoes and Beans Soup
This dish combines two food groups for a hearty meal with minimal cooking time. It’s always a good idea to use fresh and seasonally available vegetables as they have the most flavour. This vegetable soup tastes great with a small amount of butter or yogurt (non-dairy) to smooth out the flavours and garnishes with chopped parsley.
How to make Tomatoes and Beans Vegetable soup?
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or saucepan.
- 4 minutes later, add the onion and stir as needed.
- Add garlic and cumin, cooking for an additional minute. Pour in vegetable broth, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste; stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture is fully cooked.
- Stir in beans until they are evenly distributed throughout the soup.
Split Pea Soup
Split pea soup is just one of the many vegetable soups you can make for under 10 minutes. First, start boiling a cup of dried split peas with a bay leaf and two cloves of garlic until they’re soft and creamy. Next, add some parsley, salt, and pepper. Then, remove the bay leaf and puree to your desired consistency. This delicious soup is best topped with diced red onion and some chilli flakes to give it a little spice!
How to make Split Pea Soup?
- Split pea soup is one of the simplest vegetable soups you can make in 10 minutes.
- Start by boiling three cups of water, adding a quarter cup of dried split peas, and a little salt.
- Let that boil for five minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and let it cool off to a lukewarm temperature.
- Add whatever vegetables you want – chopped carrots and celery or sweet potatoes are both good choices – and add water until your soup reaches the desired consistency.
A soup is a perfect thing to make if you want something filling and flavorful but don’t have a lot of time. Here’s an easy recipe for a creamy Broccoli Soup that will take about ten minutes to whip up. Just remember to use low-sodium vegetable broth for this. Otherwise, the salt can overpower the flavour of all the vegetables. Please put all your ingredients into a pot and bring them to a boil. Then simmer it on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in heavy cream before serving or pour it over rice cakes with sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
How to make Broccoli Soup?
- Cut up the broccoli and onions into small, uniform pieces.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Heat some oil (or bacon fat) in a pan, add the vegetables, and cook until they start to brown slightly.
- Just enough water should be poured on the vegetables to cover them.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then turn down the heat, so it’s just simmering for about 25 minutes or until everything is soft.
- Remove from heat and process with an immersion blender if desired.
Carrot soup can be on the sweeter side and works wonderfully as a starter course for a winter meal. It is one of the easy vegetable soups that you can make in just 10 minutes. And what I love about this soup is that with just five ingredients, you have an aromatic and delicious dish to greet family and friends when they walk through your door. Its creamy, bright orange colour brightens up any table, and its fresh flavour will have everyone asking for seconds. The beauty of this recipe is that all you need are carrots, onions, ginger root, garlic cloves, and vegetable broth! There are so many variations of carrot soup, from creamy coconut milk-based carrot soups to those with rich flavours of thyme or cumin; feel free to experiment according to your taste buds!
How to make Carrot Soup?
Carrot soup is a great winter soup and one of the easiest soups to make. To make carrot soup:
- Peel and dice about six medium carrots.
- Add them to a saucepan with about three cups of water, two tablespoons of olive oil or butter, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, and some chopped garlic (optional).
- After bringing it to a boil, simmer it for around 20 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, blend until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Serve hot with some chopped cilantro on top.
Whip up this quick and easy soup by cutting one head of cauliflower into chunks, then place it all into a pot with one minced garlic clove, 2 quarts of chicken broth, salt, and pepper to taste. When the cauliflower is soft to the touch, simmer for approximately 15 minutes. In the meantime, prepare one 14-ounce can have diced tomatoes with juice from one can by chopping them up and stirring them into the pot. Now grab a handful of fresh cilantro leaves and give it a chop before adding those to the soup. Continue simmering the soup for five more minutes, then enjoy!
How to make Cauliflower Soup?
- To make this soup, you will need a blender or food processor, 1/2 medium cauliflower (cut into small pieces), salt, pepper, minced garlic, dried thyme, and two tablespoons of cream.
- Wash the cauliflower and place it in the blender or food processor.
- Blend the remaining components with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add water if needed to thin out the soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme.
- Serve warm with fresh bread on the side for dipping.
Must Read – 10 Simple Late Night Snacks to Help You Lose Weight
Beetroot soup is a winter-warming vegetable soup that provides the ideal antidote to a cold and icy evening. The beautiful deep red colour comes from the beetroot, which turns into sweet deliciousness when simmered with vegetables and spices. The foundation of this recipe is onion, garlic, carrot, celery, thyme, and bay leaves with added leeks for flavour. These vegetables are mixed with 400ml of stock and 500g of diced beetroot.
How to make Beetroot Soup?
- In a large saucepan, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute for five minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the beets and bay leaves, cover with water, season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about an hour or until soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, then blend using an immersion blender.
- Taste for seasoning before serving. Garnish with butter, cream, or sour cream (optional).
Leek, Potato, and Cabbage Soup
Leek, Potato, and Cabbage Soup is a light soup that you can whip up in ten minutes flat. This soup would be perfect for making on a cold winter day with some fresh bread and a green salad! This soup has only three ingredients, but it has an amazing flavour. The prep time is about 5 minutes, and the cooking time for the whole pot is about 10 minutes, so this dish is quick, easy, healthy, and delicious! For those who want to spice things up a bit- feel free to add red pepper flakes or hot sauce for more flavour.
How to make Leek, Potato, and Cabbage Soup?
- To make leek, potato, and cabbage soup, start by heating a pot of oil on the stove.
- Once hot, fry an onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add some chopped carrots, celery, and celeriac with another tablespoon of butter and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped potatoes, leeks, and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- After cooking, allow the soup to cool slightly before pureeing it with a hand blender or food processor.
- Reheat if necessary and serve.
Corn, Tomato, Pepper, and Quinoa Chowder
Tomatoes, Corn, Peppers, and Quinoa Chowder starches combine for a hearty and healthy soup. Quinoa is often called the gold of the Incas because of its extraordinary health benefits and delicious taste. Like rice or wheat, it is a pseudo-cereal, but unlike these grains, it is gluten-free and rich in protein and amino acids. In this soup, they are combined with tomato juice and vegetable broth to make a satisfying meal without cholesterol or saturated fat.
How to make Corn, Tomato, Pepper, and Quinoa Chowder?
- Place 1 cup of chopped fresh tomatoes into a small pot and simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add one diced bell pepper, two minced garlic cloves, and 6 ounces of uncooked quinoa to the pot.
- 2 more minutes of cooking are followed by the heat being turned off.
- Add one teaspoon of salt, four tablespoons of milk, and 3 cups of water to the mixture, stirring thoroughly before bringing it to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of butter before serving.
Pumpkin Lentil Stew with Spiced Couscous
A warming lentil soup with pumpkin and couscous is packed with flavour and can be made in just ten minutes. The spiced couscous takes less than ten minutes to cook, so this meal is perfect for busy weeknights. If you have more time, you could always make a bigger batch of the lentils or vegetable broth beforehand to save time on busy evenings. I recommend making extra cumin, coriander, ginger, and chilli as they go a long way when seasoning the soup. If you like your soups spicier, add more hot spices too! It is one of the best vegetable soups that you can make. Check out the ingredients that you will need to make the vegetable soups.
How to make Pumpkin Lentil Stew with Spiced Couscous?
- Combine onion, garlic, and olive oil in a large pot.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for five minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add pumpkin and lentils and sauté for two minutes or until the pumpkin becomes soft.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and spices to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is fully cooked.
- Combine with spiced couscous.
- Top with parsley and paprika. Serve warm.
Butternut Squash with Coconut Sauce and Croutons
You only need ten minutes to make this vegetable soup with all-natural ingredients. It would be best if you diced up the butternut squash, onions, and garlic and then placed them in a pot with some coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, sea salt, and pepper. This will become the base of the soup. Place it on medium heat for five minutes or until it becomes simmering, then let it cook for ten more minutes. Stir occasionally. Serve in bowls and top with fresh parsley, croutons made from whole grain bread, Parmesan cheese, and sunflower seeds.
How to make Butternut Squash with Coconut Sauce and Croutons?
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then stir in the cubed butternut squash and let it cook for about three minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, salt, ginger, and Thai red curry paste.
- Let it simmer for about six minutes or until the squash is soft enough to break up with a spoon.
- Stir often, so the coconut milk doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour into a blender and puree.
- Return to the pot and add vegetable broth.
- Simmer for five more minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with croutons before serving.
With the help of our guide, you will be able to make any vegetable soup easily. So choose any of the mentioned vegetable soup and start making it to treat yourself to something spicy and crispy.
Leave a Comment