The Best Eyeliners You Can Have in Your Vanity Box
Eyeliners are one of the most popular types of makeup women use and with good reason! It’s one of the easiest ways to get a bright pop of colour to your eyes that makes them look brighter and more defined; plus, you can add drama and flair to even the simplest outfit just by applying liner to your upper lash line! In this article, we’ll be talking about the different types of eyeliners available on the market today and some of our favourite brands in each category.
What are the different types of eyeliners?
Here are the types of eyeliners that you need to understand before buying.
The Difference Between Liquid Eyeliner and Pencil Eyeliner
While there are many eyeliner options to choose from, most people use either liquid or pencil eyeliner. However, each type has its unique features, which might make one preferable over the other.
Liquid eyeliner is traditionally created using a pen or marker-like applicator. This liner tends to give a more intense colour payoff and staying power due to its long-lasting, water-resistant formula. However, applying without smudging or flaking throughout the day can be tricky.
On the other hand, pencil eyeliners require an extra step by having to sharpen them with a razor before use which can be cumbersome, but the on-the-go application will not smudge if you keep your hand relatively still.
It’s important to note that this type of eyeliner does not have the same staying power as liquid because it relies on powder for texture and therefore wears off quickly. Pencil liners also tend to be much less expensive than their liquid counterparts, so they’re worth checking out for those on a budget!
The Best Eyeliners for Different Purposes
The eyeliner you buy should be based on what you will use it for. Whether it’s to define your eyes or subtly add definition to your lash line, many different eyeliners will cater to any need. The only thing to keep in mind is how pigmented you want the eyeliner because some people prefer a liner that is less visible in appearance. To help sort through all the different types of eyeliners available, we’ve created this list with some of our favourite products on the market:
- Wet N Wild Fast Dry Black Eyeliner – A fast-drying formula that lasts all day without smudging or moving once set. One coat provides full coverage and can be layered for a more dramatic look.
- MAC Pro Longwear Fluidline – Great staying power; wears well throughout the day but may require a touch-up later in the evening. Long lasting but easy to remove at nighttime before bedtime. Easy application with built-in brush applicator. Available in 11 shades, from the blackest black to light browns.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Comes in 20 colours, from neutrals to bright blues, purples, greens, and everything in between, so every makeup enthusiast can find their perfect match. Use dry for super intense colour payoff or wet for soft, delicate hues. No tugging or pulling; just glide and go! No need to sharpen as the pencil sharpens itself. The creamy texture glides easily over lids. It doesn’t come off until you wash it off.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara – Goes on smooth with no clumps or panda eye effect. Volumizes lashes beautifully for those with short, sparse lashes (those suckers!). The bristles are made of rubber, not plastic which prevents them from snapping off when removing mascara after wearing.
How Long Does An Eyeliner Last?
Generally, eyeliner will last as long as you want it to. The thing to remember is that you have to touch up your eyeliner daily if you’re wearing it. Some people apply it once in the morning and let it stay all day, but when they go out in public, sweat or oil from their eyes may transfer onto the line, smudging it.
Applying an eyeliner pencil each time can take some time; this is why we recommend liquid eyeliner instead. They come with a special applicator brush to draw it right where you need it in seconds. Once applied, liquid eyeliner won’t smudge or run off like a pencil liner. It’s also easy to remove with soap and water – no more expensive makeup remover!
Must Read – 10 Crazy Fancy Makeup Products You Should Never Miss in Your Makeup Kit List
How to Choose Eyeliner?
Eyeliner is a cosmetic product that comes in a pen or pot. It is used to draw lines around your eyes, such as across your eyelids or at the base of your lashes. Eyeliner can add definition and make your eyes pop! It has also been used for other body parts like the neck, cheeks, mouth area, and lips. Here are some ways to determine which type will work best for you:
Here are some points to think about while picking an eyeliner:
- Waterproof or not- how long do you want it to last?
- Size- how much coverage do you need? How often will you be using it?
- Cost- what’s your budget?
- Colour- do you want just black or something more colourful?
- Pencil/sharpener compatibility- Do you have one that can be sharpened, or does it come with its sharpener?
- Application type- Do you prefer a liquid or pencil formula?
- Type of look desired
- Frequency of use
- Main Ingredient (if it’s not clear on the packaging)
- Eyeshadow Primer Compatibility.
Some Best Eyeliners That You Can Have
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Waterproof Liquid Liner: The tip of this liner is a brush that enables you to create fine lines. It dries quickly, lasts all day, and is smudge-resistant.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer Pencil: This pencil’s creamy texture hides dark circles with natural coverage. Plus, it won’t crumble throughout the day or when applying pressure. It can also be used as an eyeshadow base for added colour and staying power.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade: If you’re looking for fuller brows, this product provides them in no time. When applied to clean skin, the product goes smoothly without pulling hairs.
- Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eye Shadow & Liner Sealer: Provides more intense colour by sealing eyeshadows and liners without creasing or fading throughout the day.
We hope through this guide, you are now able to understand the different types of eyeliners. Go get yourself the best eyeliner that we have mentioned in the guide. That’s all for this, see you at the next one.
Leave a Comment